Saturday, June 9, 2012

I HAS THE POWAH!

Drill Press is "Operational' minus some safety stuff (which yes I will be doing before I take it into "production'

Ok so a quick recap I had this (for free)



 I got this off craigslist (1/2HP GE motor new still with the key attached)




It wouldnt mount so I did this..
 Base metal is cast so I brazed on a backing plate and beat the wholy hell out of it to make sure it would hold.. it did..  Bolted the motor to the new back plate and got a few belts of the auto store .
Carefully turned it on via a powerstrip (foot over the off button ran ok drilled 3 holes with it huzzah!)

going to connect the motor cable into a safety switch and wire something right up front. But, proof of concept is working and drillin just need big ol switches for the "OH SH(&T"  moments, and I can get onto drilling all these brackets I need to start mounting the trumpet bits with.

No comments:

Post a Comment