Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tank Badges Part 1 - testing

Ok So I have the benalli wards riverside tank with the "360" badges.. well now no self respecting 500cc Triumph Twin can "360" plastered across the tank so it simply must be remedied. So I contacted the good folks at Squier Design.com http://squierdesign.com/  and worked with them to find the right vinyl design. Can't say enough good things about these folks, they worked with me and even pointed me to the resin that I used to make these. Even sent me some extra vinyl so I could try my hand at using the resin before I committed to pouring it over the final product. Highly recommend these folks - If you need racing numbers etc give em a shout. 


Ok started with the vinyl sticker



Poured on the "Ice Resin" (made a bit of a mess as you can see.
Set up an extra piece and left a corner un touched (it leveled out completely) 




Here it is some 15-20 hours later - sets in 6 cures in a couple of days

And another straight on, still a bit pliable but getting more rigid as it cures.

No comments:

Post a Comment